2009年2月8日 星期日

Feb Update from Cincinnati Ohio

My son (Frankie) just received admission from Ohio State, University of Michigan, and Purdue. He is waiting for news from Carnegie Mellon. He wants to be an industrial designer, is very strong in art and has been in AP arts for 2 years. We are very proud of his love and passion in design, painting, ..etc. We are very pleased and happy for him, as he is entering into another life stage. It is a mixed feeling, I am wondering how I am going to manage my emotions and have the house to me and my husband without his voice and messy room once he goes to college Fall this year. This morning, when we had breakfast together, we unintentionally chatted about selling our house so we can get a newer one once Frankie goes to college. Frankie was in shock when he listened to our conversation, he shared he needs a place, a home, a room, ..so going to college does not mean cutting the line with where he grows up from and familiar with. All his friends and social network is here (Anderson township). I guess I never thought about the importance and significance where we live and what it means to Frankie. Therefore, we assured him that we will not move or change even he goes to college.

I recently spent a lot of time watch Jay Chou's performance on YouTube.com (after work). I am amazed how talented he is, I wish he can come to Cincinnati to perform in the future (I wish). I especially enjoy watching his live concerts on YouTube, his dance move, playing piano, and other instruments. When I was in Taipei back in Dec, I never noticed he is a big start over there, not till I came back and accidentally searched then watched his performance on YouTube.

Tomorrow is Sunday, church day, I wish you all have a peaceful Sunday.

Jie-Pay Peggy Yang

3 則留言:

Yuan n Yali 提到...

Ohio Gozaimasu!

Frankie的故事使我不由得聯想到我們家多福:都是獨子、都對美術設計有興趣、都對從小住到大的房子和鄰居朋友有不可割捨的感情。不過最大的不同是,多福小得多啦,才剛滿十三哩!恭喜Peggy即將要品嘗回歸二人世界的生活了,又是一個新的人生里程碑囉。據說龍應台在小兒子也離家上學後,心中一陣慽惶,於是打電話問自己的媽媽當年面對同樣狀況時的心情,龍媽媽說,是啊,真是很大的失落感哪。龍應台於是問媽媽需要多久才能適應,龍媽媽想了想,說「哦,大概一個星期吧!」媽媽這樣的答案,可輪到做女兒的覺得失落了呢。

謝謝Peggy的分享。我們很有興趣知道Frankie的後續發展哦。

Yali

人云亦芸 提到...

本來美加版單靠003情報員和楓葉雙牛獨撐大局,還好萬里尋親找到了佩姬,得以在即將開天窗之際雪中送炭。如此友情相挺,小妹承諾來日定將小孩離家上大學的心路歷程供出與大家分享。

突然記起當年Peggy 好像還是一位曾寄讀本班的老頭所取,不是嗎?各位還記得這號人物嗎?我還依稀記得他的樣子,但不知他到底是誰,為何來念,又怎麼不見了?

陳社長 提到...

Hi, Peggy,

In my opinion, Chengchi State U is not so bad for your son. And he will got a chance to know ROC. After all, the future opportunity is in Asia. It's better late than nothing. Do you notice that even the famous investment Guru Jim Rogers have moved to Singapore and heavily invest in China?

Jay has been popular singer for around 10 years as well as other ones. If you come to this blog often, you will notice more pop information.